Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Best People Ever

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence


I discovered these lovely ladies at the 2010 Seattle Pride and have been trying to cultivate a beard ever since (however, being a lady there has been no progress).

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence is an order of queer nuns and, I'll say it, the best order of nuns ever. Seeking to release people from the guilt and shame that bind them, and expose the violence and bigotry that plague our society, the nuns do this through humor as opposed to shame.  These bearded geisha nuns are some of the most beautiful people on earth and do so without sacrificing their wit. Something most beautiful ladies are without.

This is a letter I wrote them that night after the bar which asks them to preside over my big, gay wedding I hope to have someday, and with the passage of gay marriage in New York, I see no reason why they cannot.
<note: the diction is the same, however I did clean up some egregious spelling errors.>

Dear Sisters:
Your troop of fabulous nuns is like, the best. Sometimes when my roommate Collin gets drunk I try to convince him to let me dress him up like you. He has a red beard, so I think it would look really good.
Anyway, I am writing to ask you, any or all of you, to preside over my wedding. That would be the best.
It will be the biggest, gayest wedding of all time, I love you. I would ask you to marry me on the other side of the altar, however we would have some issues because I am pretty sure that under the habit you have a habit of being men. That doesn't mean I don't love you. 
You can become ordained online, I will even pick up the tab for your certificate. I don't think my parents will mind, because the wedding is already going to be gay, glittery and fabulous so its not like I can have some stuffy old guy blabbing about Jesus ruining my shit. However, I do have a grandfather that is a bigot, so if you could give him a special mention, I would appreciate it.
This is serious.
Thank you.

<end letter.>
So uh...seriously. If you are one of these ladies or you know one of these ladies, direct them to this blog post and then to TheMonastery.org, my chosen online ordination company.




1 comment:

  1. Are you a minister in the Universal Life Church? I am too. They call me Dixie...and I live in Florida. What's life as a minister like?

    ReplyDelete